Kates Cauliflower and Chocolate Ice Pops with Pistachio
Log In to Rate This
Techniques: Any / None
Prep Time: 0 hr 30 min
Cook Time: 0 hr 15 min
Main Ingredients: Vegetables
Sourced: Kate Hackworthy, www.veggiedesserts.co.uk
Winner – Best Food Blog (UK National Blog Awards 2014)
Jamie Oliver Blog of the Month (Feb 2014)
Top Sante Magazine Bloggers of the Year (Jan 2014)
- For the popsicles:
- 2 cups cauliflower
- ½ cup chocolate, chopped or chips
- 1 teaspoon strongly brewed coffee, cooled
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- To decorate:
- ¼ cup chocolate, melted
- ¼ cup pistachios
- Boil or steam the cauliflower until just soft, then rinse and drain under cold water to stop it cooking. Blitz the cauliflower with all of the popsicle ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth. Pour into molds and freeze until solid.
- Alternatively, puree the cauliflower with a hand blender until smooth, melt the chocolate and add, along with the other ingredients, and puree until smooth. Pour into molds and freeze until solid.
- To decorate, melt the chocolate and set aside to cool very slightly. Whiz the pistachios in a high speed blender, or in a food mill or coffee grinder, until fine. Dip the frozen popsicles into the melted chocolate and sprinkle with the pistachio dust.
Yeah, you read that right: cauliflower. No cream, no milk, not even an avocado. This creamy frozen treat is… pureed cauliflower. Cauliflower makes a nice, fairly neutral base (as we all know from cauli rice, cauli pizza etc…), and it’s flavor pairs well with cinnamon and chocolate. So here I’ve turned it into a sweet chocolate popsicle with a hint of coffee and cinnamon, plus a hard chocolate shell sprinkled with pistachio dust. Use milk, dark or vegan chocolate if you wish. Kate Hackworthy
Recipe Posted by duane0621