Sourced: Rachel along with her husband, she runs Dog Island Farm, in the San Francisco Bay Area. They raise chickens, goats, rabbits, dogs, cats, and a kid. They’re always keeping busy. If Rachel isn’t out in the yard, she’s in the kitchen making something from scratch. Homemade always tastes better!
Tags: Breakfast / Brunch, Snack
16 cups rolled oats
2 cups chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
3 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1 1/2 cups sunflower oil
2 cups honey
1. Preheat your oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a very large bowl, mix together the oats, pecans, coconut, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
3. Add the oil and honey to the dry mix. It works best if you measure out the oil first then use the same measuring cup to measure the honey. This way, the honey pours easily, without sticking to the measuring cup.
4. Mix all of the ingredients well, until the honey and oil are well incorporated and the dry mix is evenly coated. Pour the mix onto the baking sheets and press it down into an even layer.
5. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the sheets from the oven and mix up the granola, bringing the outside edges in then packing it back down into an even layer. Switch the sheet locations and bake another 30 minutes. Repeat this one more time, baking for a total of 90 minutes.
6. Allow the granola to cool completely before breaking it up into chunks and storing it in an airtight container. Enjoy!