Wild White Bean Salad
Log In to Rate This
Techniques: Any / None
Prep Time: 0 hr 45 min
Cook Time: 0 hr 30 min
Main Ingredients: Beans, Rice, Vegetables
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup Celery, diced
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Cannellini beans (160 gr) rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cooked Wild Rice (490 gr cooked)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Good Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Pepper to taste
- For Salad: Combine above ingredients together and toss with vinaigrette (recipe follows). Refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to meld and the rice to absorb the vinaigrette.
- For Vinaigrette: Blend ingredients until emulsified, using a small whisk or fork.
Recipe makes 5 servings, approximately 1 cup each. This is a very generous serving but very low in calories and high in nutrition. You could easily serve 1/2 cup on a bed of spinach or arugula for a nice spring salad. Toss a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the greens then top with the bean salad.
Recipe Posted by DigsinDirt