Valentine's Day Salad
Log In to Rate This
Techniques: Any / None
Occasions: Any, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day
Prep Time: 0 hr 25 min
Cook Time: 0 hr 0 min
Main Ingredients: Cheese, Fruit, Green Vegetables
Sourced: Find as much of the ingredients from locally sourced farms and vendors. It'll taste better!
- • A big handful of arugula
- • A big handful of watercress
- • Fresh buffalo mozzarella
- • 4 fresh figs
- • A handful of purple basil
- • A handful of green basil
- • A half-cup of pine nuts or walnuts
- • Freshly ground black pepper
- • Sea Salt
- • Good olive oil
- • 1 ripe lemon, juiced
- • Lightly wash the arugula and watercress without drenching them with water. Pat dry with paper towels and squeeze out any remaining water.
- • Put the greens in a large salad bowl and add a few sprinkles of olive oil and a dash or two of lemon juice, just enough to coat the leaves.
- • Add pepper and salt as you wish.
- • Assemble the greens on two plates or in nice salad bowls.
- • Quarter the figs and place on top of the greens.
- • Shred that nice buffalo mozzarella in bite-sized pieces and assemble around the figs.
- • Rip up the purple and green basil and just drop it on top of the plates.
- • Add some good drizzles of olive oil, a bit more lemon, pepper (especially on the figs), and salt.
- • Top off with the pine nuts.
This is a chance for guys to shine on Valentines Day. Easy to make and she'll love it! Found this recipe on ask men.com and it's a great salad! Now guys it's up to you to complete the dinner. Serve with wine.