Log In to Rate This
Occasions: Any, Thanksgiving
Prep Time: 0 hr 45 min
Cook Time: 0 hr 30 min
Main Ingredients: Beans, Eggs, Vegetables
- 4 cups Cooked French lentils
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 diced onion
- 4 Tbs Ketchup
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- 2 extra Tbs of ketchup for top
- Optional add-ins
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- Ground flax in place of all or some egg
- 1/4 cup Course ground grits
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- Anything else you want to sneak in
- Preheat oven to 400
- Place skillet in the oven with a bit of oil to get it hot and ready.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients well.
- When oven is preheated, take out your skillet and add raw mixture. Spread the 2 tbs of ketchup on top. A little more salt and pepper too if you'd like.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes
This lentil loaf is good! It makes a good veggie burger. It's good leftover. It's power packed veggie goodness.
I divide this into 2 skillets to make two thinner loafs. Reduce cooking time by 5 minutes.