Sourced: This comes from the back of Bob's Red Mill All Purpose GF Flour packaging. It's a quick and easy recipe. The bread is especially good toasted with butter! I have substituted 1/2 almond meal and 1/2 white rice flour for the all purpose flour, and just about any combination of GF flours seems to work. I always leave out the raisins & nuts, too.
Tags: Any, Breakfast / Brunch
1/3 cup canola oil
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup chopped pecans or 1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease 9x5-inch non-stick loaf pan. For smaller loaves, use three 5x3 inch loaf pans.
3. Cream together oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in large bowl.
4. Add flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder and cinnamon to egg mixture, alternating with bananas.
5. Beat until smooth.
6. Stir in nuts and raisins.
7. Batter will be somewhat soft. transfer to pan(s).
8. Bake 9x5" loaf for 1 hour, 5x3" loaves for 45 minutes.