The Good Life
< Back to Recipes
Homemade Black Bean Veggie Burgers
to Rate This
Bake, Grill / BBQ
0 hr 15 min
0 hr 20 min
1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
1/2 onion, cut into wedges
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce or hot sauce
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1. If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.
2. In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
3. In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
4. In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin, and chili sauce.
5. Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties.
6. If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side. If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.
Recipe Posted by
To place comments please
Create an Account
US Leather Shop,
That is a beautiful burger !!
12/27/2015 1:55:00 AM
Did You Know?
Most of the peppers we eat, from sweet bell to spicy chile, belong to the same pepper species: Capsicum annuum. Though the name implies they are annuals, given the right climate, they can grow into perrineal shrubs.