2015 Gardening Trends!
Posted February 3, 2015
As spring quickly approaches (yes - its true!) the Garden Media Group has unveiled its 2015 Garden Trends whitepaper – featuring the top nine garden trends of 2015!
- The New Consumers: The millennial generation, young men and Hispanics, rank as the fastest growing segment of the U.S.
- Wellbeing: Consumers want to make the world a better place – and they want brands to help them do it.
- Garden-tainment: People are estimated to spend $7 billion on outdoor décor in 2015. They will use their outdoor spaces as an extension of their homes to entertain.
- Bite-Sized Decadence: Small container gardens will pack a lot of punch in 2015.
- Rebel-hoods: Neighborhood residents are rebelling against and campaigning for the reversal of ordinances. They will work to transform the neighborhood to the agri-hood.
- Color Pops: This year, use trending color palettes – ranging from vintage to muted rustic to teal – to show off personality outdoors.
- Portable Gardening: The rise of “NOwners”– those who prize freedom over homeownership— is fueling modular flexibility that allows for unique design and personalization.
- Bed Head Style: Purposefully un-styled outdoor spaces are the result of intentionally working within the natural landscape. This casual landscape style expresses an effortless personality with an “anything goes” attitude.
- Smoke Your Garden: With an increasing number of states decriminalizing marijuana, more people will begin growing their own and need seeds, plants and products.
Click Here to Read the Entire Report